Friday, March 17, 2017

One week to go

Time to dust off this blog. Vacation to Iceland is happening in just a week. Weather is expected to be typical-lower 40's as a high with periods of rain and wind. I am not getting my hopes up to see the northern lights, but there will be plenty of beauty to witness. My suitcase is already packed with those sweaters I knitted over last summer, along with my passport and currency. Day trips will depend on the weather of course. Below is our wish list, although it's likely we won't see it all:

Blue Lagoon-we have our luxury package booked!
Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss-hope to see this the first full day.
Gulfoss-another huge waterfall that will get us soaked.
Vik and the black sand beaches-I hear there are sneaker waves, so we will use extreme caution
Solheimasandur Plane Crash-it is a 2 mile walk, but my daughter really wants to see it. 
Hallgrimskirkja-I plan to go to the top and snap an aerial photo of Reykjavik!
Alafoss store-as a knitter, I am obligated to see this huge yarn shop outside of Reykjavik.
BONUS supermarket-just because I have to.
Kumiko-for my daughter. A Japanese tea house in Iceland, of course!
American and European bridge-this is a landmark where both continental plates are separating.
Icelandic horse riding-cannot visit this country without this experience!
Helgafell mountain-located on the Snaelfellsnes peninsula, this is a sacred place where wishes come true.
Kirkjufell mountain-one of the most photographed mountains in the world, I am really hoping the clouds will give way for my photos.

I won't even list all of the restaurants and other shops to see, but those that impress will be mentioned in this blog!










 

No comments:

Post a Comment